Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dissertation Requirements

I find that some of the dissertation requirements are easy, others are difficult.
I think the most difficult for me is"conceptual framework" - I just can't get what it means.
Probably the best definitions that I've found so far (http://www.mujersana.ca/msproject/framework1-e.php):
"It can be any or all of the following:
  • A set of coherent ideas or concepts organized in a manner that makes them
    easy to communicate to others.
  • An organized way of thinking about how and why a project takes place,
    and about how we understand its activities.
  • The basis for thinking about what we do and about what it means, influenced
    by the ideas and research of others.
  • An overview of ideas and practices that shape the way work is done
    in a project.
  • A set of assumptions, values, and definitions under which we all work together."
I think it means a general knowledge about the subject. I assume the process of preparing the literature review should "create" conceptual framework in my mind. I guess the main goal of getting this conceptual framework is to find out where is the current knowledge about my topic, i.e. what is common view of the problem at the moment.

Maybe the second difficult part would be methodology. I guess I will just use the common methods and see where it will take me. Suppose I can always adjust on the way - stay agile :-)

1 comment:

  1. A good blog with exciting content, that's what I need. Thank you for keeping this site into a link

    ReplyDelete