Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Decisions to be made

I'm still wondering which approach should I take: qualitative or quantitative?
What do I believe is more true?
[Continued]
Just read this:
http://www.gifted.uconn.edu/siegle/research/Qualitative/qualquan.htm
Looks like my view of the world is more oriented towards qualitative research - holistic and unseparable from the researcher. I think I can still complement it with some quantitative data though. If it will work this way I mean :-) It will be actually very interesting to find out if these 2 appraches support or contradict each other in the context of my research questions.
I need to read more about analysis strategies. I think I will get some vague picture of the problem during my literature review, then I will need to make it clear, until I see the edges of the problem clearly. By this time I should have a set of hypothesa about the possible answers. I will find out the shortest way to prove them right or wrong. Or maybe prove that it is not possible to find an answer at the moment, or the answer is very context-tied and cannot be applied generally. The last step would be to provide theorectical explanation: why the answers were as they turned out to be.
This sounds pretty logical, so I'm not sure which research analysis strategy it is. Need to read more about it

No comments:

Post a Comment