Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Conscious Leadership

Now this is really topical - sounds like my PhD topic is buzzing - just got this invite today for a "3-Day MBA" learning program:
  • Discover neuroscience: Understand how the brain can be shaped and changed.  
  • Understand mindfulness: Acquire methods that will help you maintain focus and attention and deliver results. 
  • Learn how to deal with emotions:  Master emotional reactions. 
  • Become a wiser decision maker under pressure: Develop the ability to remain in the eye of the storm. 
All that I should master to write my thesis. 
PhD is the trickiest way to learn - you can't just think, and you can't just learn. First you learn EVERYTHING and then you think about it all the time.  I regularly find myself doing just that - thinking. I think this is the main reason I try to stay away from people quite a lot. Thinking takes me really long-long time. I was recently thinking that life is all about decision-making, but now I start to realise that it is actually more about thinking. I secretly contemplate some menial job like knitting so that I can just think

No comments:

Post a Comment