Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to Culture or to Myself

Starting my PhD I consciously decided thst it will be something different, meaning completely different from complex, vague, debatable nature of my master's dissertation. Of course, I have selected well-structured mathematical modelling with all quantitative proofs and no emotional nonsense. It was supposed to be clear and straightforfard. Yes, was..supposed to..
No matter where we go, we take ourselves with. In trying to identify the uniqueness of my study, i came uo with values. Yes, I want to connect inner values with decisions, help unveil those values that motvate the decision, make the decision makers aware of it. And - values again took me back to cultural values, my faviurite Hofstede, my faviurite diversity of cultural views, no black and white, just grey, just something working somehow, mixing up into this wonderful mash of expectatiins, norms and behaviors that somehow amazingly comolement each other comprising a culture. Well, the journey promises a turmoil..but also there will be splendour...

No comments:

Post a Comment