Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

About Fear

Sometimes when I walk on a sore feet stepping on uneven surface - I'm not sure and make very small steps. I'm not sure in my life now - I take very small steps and moving very slowly. Is it good or bad? I don't want to be a tortoise, but I also do not want to be hurt unnecessary. Eventually I'm unsure of what I can achieve and therefore scared. Looks like uncertainty avoidance again :-) Need to keep it in mind and try to reduce this fear.
"People implicitly categorize themselves into subgroups according to salient
cues and identify more closely with people they perceive as being similar to themselves. They do this to achieve and maintain positive self-identity."[1] Another creeping fear - loss of identity, becoming somebody unknown to myself and unusual to people who know me. Well, fear stays there, but moving forward means changing and the circle of people around me will change inevitably. Though it would be nice if there will be people who will stay independently of my change.

Another great fear: that I'm doing something totally wrong in life and wasting time. Stupid fear, because how can you assess if you are doing a right thing if you do not know what is right? We are just doing something random and something that looks exciting and meaningful at the moment. Obviously, we are changing on the way and meaningful becomes something else. One way to avoid the change is take a written word for granted and follow a set of rules, which tells you what is right. But why follow somebody's else's "right", especially as it is surely outdated, because it was written/said some time ago.

And a very small fear, but frustrating non the less - what if I can't finish this research??? Awful :-)



1.Staples, D. and Zhao, L. (2006) The Effects of Cultural Diversity in Virtual Teams Versus Face-to-Face Teams, Group Decision & Negotiation, 15(4), pp. 389-406.





1.Staples, D. and Zhao, L. (2006) The Effects of Cultural Diversity in Virtual Teams Versus Face-to-Face Teams, Group Decision & Negotiation, 15(4), pp. 389-406.

No comments:

Post a Comment