Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Research Questions

As I'm feeling extremely lost in my journey now, I feel I need to at least find out where am I going. Otherwise I will have to adopt Alice's method of going without turning and seeing where will I get in the end (1).
So, I will write questions here without any special order and then will try to see if it will take me anywhere:
1) How is cultural diversity perceived by VT members? Do they find it as obstacle? benefit? incentive to work in such a team?
2) Can social network help to improve team communication and create a feeling of team identification?
3) The importance of task? Whether task acts as moderator?

BTW - regarding a gap of knowledge: looks like I'm search-challenged - can't find anything about cscw and virtual teams together. But I guess I can always say that I will look into "other" tools, that were not researched yet. Here comes another question:


4) How [insert_name_of_software_tool] can be useful in VT management?

Random concepts that can grow into questions:
- personality traits for VT members? managers?
- crusial toolset for being able to do anything?
- how VT membership affects social life? family life? sports participation? travelling? feeling of financial security? ISOLATION??? (I'm not isolated - I'm surrounded)
- problem solving? Potentially more organizational issues around communication? Right-wrong?

ahhhhh






1) L. Carrol "Alice in Wonderland"

No comments:

Post a Comment