Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Circles Of Self-Evolution

Hypothese: "Independently of how we go - we eventually arrive to the milestones of our own development"
When I was young - I've read "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins - it certainly shaped my view of the world. I've learned lots of generics and in general wanted to be a genetic engineer, i.e microbiologist. Eventually I've become microelectronics engineer - still asking myself why? Was it the word "micro" in the title? One of the steps in understanding the world? Frankly speaking, I've enjoyed it as physics is my secret love, but eventually I've never used it...
Another step - Richard Dawkins - my colleague was sharing his words and videos and it felt close, true and associable. I went to the website and felt that I found a friend.
Eventually, I found a reference to mr. Dawkins in my research. Well, it's a long and cumbersome way to explain - but what I was trying to say - a human being is a collection of ideas, knowledge and ways of its interpretation. We are bound to find people who think similarly. A bit of scary part - is there a way to truly think out of the box of my own mind? Can I understand the people who are different? Or should I be happy with the ability to accept them?
"We are expected to be different.But we are also expected to respect and accept the others as they are" (1).



1) Hall, E. T. and Whyte, W. F. (1960) Intercultural Communication: A Guide to Men of Action, International Executive, 2(4), pp. 14-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment