Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sustainable Society

Met my supervisor on Monday - looks like my research is going to take a serious sustainability angle. I think it is great :) I keep thinking about that article I've read in UAE embassy last year. It was talking about how current economy model is not working - because of environmental damage that it causes and very unequal goods distribution. Further to that I've heard another discussion of the same topic, but in that case the underutilisation of the current youth was mentioned as a symptom of the economic model problem.
I certainly do not understand what is economic model in general and what is the current one exactly, that's why my thinking is so vague. But I think that is something that I must look into in my research as well. Economically sustainable society should also be able to function without environmental damage and allowing all its members to reach decent level of living..
It's getting more interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment