Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life as a journey - Part 2

Part 1 did not explain about the journey - right? What I'm trying to do now - follow the prescribed book "Research Journey" by Cecile Badenhurst - and write my reflections :-) So don't judge for being inconsistent - going to add this component later.
Cecile has a beautiful allegory - a hero myth - start a research as a journey full of challenges, dangers and tests - get a reward at the end, get changed by the journey and return to the normal world.
My earlier blog attempt (http://loskutova.blogspot.com/) mentioned a related concept: "Let the world change you". Originally it continues: ".. and then change the world". I'm sure the quotations are not exact, but I hope I do not alter the meaning too much.
I think this way of thinking helps me - I have difficulties accepting life as a set of goals to achieve - I like the journey, I like to try, I like to fail, I like to succeed, I like to be lucky, I like to get new challenges. Sometimes I rush, sometimes just enjoy the moment. I will think more about it during the marathon tomorrow.
P.S. I think I will do my main research thinking during Comrades. Maybe not :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment